Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Well today was my last day at the clinic. It was earlier than expected as my trip to Masai Mara was moved forward a day. I leave tomorrow morning (friday) for what has been explained as one of the wonders of the world. It is funny that most Kenyans I have spoken to (even those with money) have never been. I guess it is much like the Great Barrier reef in many respects.
The last time at the clinic was a little sad. I gave out a photo collage and they were thankful - at least I think they were. Whites here are seen as sources of money, (as I had explained to me) so gifts concomitant with this ideal are commonly expected.....as a uni student I felt oblidged to disappoint.
We also had a Chirstmas party here for all the staff and their families. It was a good time, and wonderful to see the children that Titus, James, Peter, Rose, and Joseph have so lovingly talked and talked about.
I was able to do some distributing of glow sticks and, balls and coloured pencils which makes for lighter luggage on the way home, and went down a treat. Some of the adults were getting more excited about the stuff than the kids!
These was a big meal and a few Africa as well as English style traditions. The worlds in my opinion come together quite well.

I will be away for three days on 'Safari' - sounds exotic I know. Really we will be driving around in a van nose stuck to the glass trying to make out whether it is a tuft of grass or a lions tail.
Thanks for the continuing emails, I will write in a few days to let you know my progress on the big five (elephant, lion, buffalo, leopard, and black rhino) although I think I already have my own big five within the slums that is much more entertaining.
May Godbless you all,
Your brother in Christ,
ian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home